Saturday, November 14, 2009
For some time the political and economic shifts in Venezuela were causing us to re-think our stay there. After much prayer and counsel, we have decided not to return to Venezuela after our return to the States to attend family business in December. Please pray for wisdom and direction for our family as the Lord changes our ministry direction.
So much has happened since my last posting on September 21st. On october 23rd our son-in-law Sam was hit by a truck while walking on the side of the road near his home in Maine. He was airlifted directly to a trauma center. We arrived in Maine on October 27th to be with our daughter Tabby and her girls. At this point, Sam's life in not in immediate danger, although he has blood clots in both legs, but his memory is still quite questionableand he cannot use his legs at all. He is hospitalized 2 hours from home which involves us staying in Bangor a couple of nights a week. Please pray for Tabby, Sam, and the girls as they work through this near-fatal accident. Also, our daughter Dannah was told on November 11 that she will probably deliver her babies in 2-3 weeks which is about 2-3 weeks ahead of what we expected. The earliest we could get tickets for Utah was December 2nd, and we are praying that she will wait until then to go. She has to have a Caesarean since one baby is breech and the other is transverse. Why is it that our kids have to be on opposite sides of the country?